Friday 17 August 2012

The Friday Night Project - Before

Friday night is upon us again.

Time to get the paints out. Tonight I have set myself a small target of getting the dwarven ship from dreadfleet finished off and to get a solid start to the skin of my small group of gretchin.

As you can see I got the basecoat of the skin done the other night on the gretchin and the ship has had its first few layers.

It has been a bit of an experiment with the gretchin. Over the years of my wargaming I have never had a greenskinz army in any of the games I played.

When we started with 40k back in the late 90's Eldar was my thing, then as I progressed into WHFB Orc's and Goblins never really made it into my wanted list. This has made the skin of the gretchin a bit of a challenge and a new experience for me.

After trying out a few things I settled for the skin tone in my previous post. Its a basecoat of Knarloc Green on a black undercoat, thena Badab Black wash, then Foundry's Phlegm green and various amounts of white under I get as light as I would like.

I want these guys to look bright but not like they are on their way to creamfields!

As far as the Dreadfleet ship was concerned, I always had this in my head as a green based colour scheme so it seemed to make sense to have a go at the same time.

Pics after the session to follow ;)

Over and Out

1 comment: