Monday 13 August 2012

The Blogfather

With my good lady about ready to pop any day now with my very own little wargaming apprentice, I have somewhat of an abundance of spare time this week. With nothing in the diary and nothing planned other than the arrival of our little jedi it has given me time to as I please.



This has given me the chance to get the paints out and get organised with my gaming stuff after us moving house. It has also meant that I have been able to catch up with friends blogs and with some of my old wargaming buddies. Its important just to stop every now and again and get in touch with your mates!

Now one particular old mate of mine.... Dave is really the reason I started this blog. He is a bit of a 'pro-blogger' and the sheer amount of traffic his blog gets really does put this to shame. We recently got back in touch after my 'sentence' at a northern outposts in Shetland. I cannot recommend this blog enough. Dave has a real sense of humour and Fiona often ask's why on earth am I laughing whilst reading a wargaming blog...

Now I am not going to write too much on this as I believe Dave puts it so much better than I could.
Hopefully you'll hear more of Dave and our games more in the coming months... we did make a bit of a pledge that we would try and get more games in!

Here's a link to when we recently got back in touch:

http://kingsleypark64.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/game-has-no-dice.html

and heres the main blog:

http://kingsleypark64.blogspot.co.uk/

I cannot recommend it enough.

So back to painting...

So far tonight I have managed to get a good basecoat down on my heldenhammer from some fresh motivation for dreadfleet. I have also been experimenting with skin on some gretchin that have been in my 'to do' basket for some time now. What do you think of the style I settled for? Was looking for a bit of a balance, not too bright but enough to stand out.




2 comments:

  1. Aw Shucks Kev! Thanks for the plug for the blog.

    Did you knit the light sabre yourself? Very impressed if you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly not Dave.... It is pretty smart tho isnt it!

      No problems re the plug, hope to catch you soon!

      Delete