Tuesday 4 September 2012

Enter the Dragon







Well I have had a couple of weeks of from work, painting and gaming as my young padawan has finally arrived. Baby Rhua was born on 20th August and arrived safe and well. Thanks to all my friends and family for all their kind words and gifts......






Now that the dust has settled and my adventure of fatherhood has begun it was time to try and get a bit better organised when it comes to gaming and hobby time. After a flurry of emails between some of my gaming fraternity we have FINALLY got an rpg night sorted. My good friend David has bitten the bullet and decided to run a game for us. I have been rather excited about the prospect of a regular gaming fix and especially an RPG night. This is also exciting by the way of I am getting to play as a player and not DMing. It has been a while since I have been able to create my own character and watch them grow and develop as a campaign progresses. Whilst I love DMing and creating adventures that I like to think challenge a group I am relishing the thought of being on the players side. This should be fun.


So after initial discussions with our GM it has come to light that we will be playing with First Edition Dungeons and Dragons. I have never actually played 1st or 2nd Edition D and D so this will be a new rule set for me. My first experiences of D and D were of v3.5 and whilst complex it was rewarding, I wonder if first will live up to expectations? The GM has issued us all out an pm on our gaming forum asking for us to pick a race from a list of all the usual suspects - Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Half Elf. In past experiences I have always favoured a dwarf and been a fairly no nonsense run in, bash things, then ask's questions later, this time I have felt like a change so I have chosen an elf. This choice was completely based on wanting a change of scenery.


It appears that the DM may well have something up his sleeve for character creation and class selection so watch this space. I will keep you posted.


So with the creative juices flowing and my mind racing about this new campaign I had a rake through some boxes of misc figs at the house and got the brushes out.


So here we are..... Kiirdur - Elf This is an old Wood Elf Eternal Guard Champion model from Games Workshop.




This is my WIP of Kiirdur with Alternative weapon.
This is an old High Elf Champion model from Games Workshop.







With our first game tonight it all systems go.

No comments:

Post a Comment